Edition Wilhelm Hansen is looking for a Promotion Manager in their Classical Department.
As classical Promotion Manager at the largest music publishing house in the Nordic Countries, you will influence the classical music scene in the entire Nordic region. You will work with composers, festivals, opera houses and orchestras from around the world and promote the foremost composers from the Nordics. You will work in a dynamic and pleasant office, leading our composers’ operas, symphonic and chamber music into the future.
The classical Promotion Manager at Wilhelm Hansen is the head of the Classical Department. That means that you will be involved with the entire publishing process, from the very first contact with ensembles about commissioning contracts, to following the compositional process, as well as the editorial process in the office, rental of scores and parts, and of course promotion of the finished work. You will also collaborate very closely with Promotion colleagues at Edition Wilhelm Hansen’s many sister-publishing houses around the world.
Tasks will include:
– Commissioning contract negotiations for new works by EWH composers
– Collaborating with our Promotion Officer on promotion of EWH back catalogue and sister company works
– Promoting new works in collaboration with the Promotion Officer
– Travelling to the Nordic countries, EU, UK and US for performances, meetings and networking.
– Meeting and networking with orchestras, opera houses, festivals and ensembles in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
– Closely collaborating with the EWH Classical Editor about works in process
– Last but not least: Collaborating with our wonderful composers about older, new and future compositions.
You must be able to:
– Read scores and have a large and intimate knowledge of Danish and Nordic music and classical music life
– Manage complex projects
– Negotiate contracts with many different parties involved
– Make firm decisions and yet be flexible
– Speak English well enough to negotiate contracts
– Speak a Scandinavian language fluently
– Show knowledge of EWH composers and their music
– Work with IT and database systems.
The position is available from 1st September 2021 and is a full-time job.
The new Promotion Manager must work at the office in Copenhagen.
The new appointment is part of the Global Promotion Team lead by GHP (global head of promotion)
The application deadline is 13th August 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this job, please call or write Managing Director Loui Törnqvist at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 21 20 18 72.
Please send your application to Chief Operating Officer Steve Tallamy at email@example.com